rashbre central: Thursday Thirteen (V52)

Thursday 6 September 2012

Thursday Thirteen (V52)

get shorty
Its an age since I did a Thursday Thirteen, but I'm reminded that it's a quick way to summarise a few random topics from today in a single post.
  • I arrived at the office today at 07:10, which I thought was quite early, although there were already several others sitting at their desks
  • A few of us decided to have coffee together in the downstairs coffee shop, to talk about the progress in the current Games and to opine on the government's re-arranged deckchairs.
  • We ended up talking about whether tubeless tyres were solid (No - they'd be very heavy).
  • And palmistry, including whether both hands need to be read (Yes, left for what it could be and right for what it is, apparently)
  • There was a new experimental desk which created some interest. One of those height adjustable ones. I was reminded of my time working in Denmark, where all the desks were electrically adjustable so that you could stand to work for part of the day, instead of just sitting.
  • Someone said it would be even better with a treadmill as well, but I wasn't so sure
  • I'd taken some papers in for bulk shredding, but noticed that somehow some important car documents had got into the pile. I'd already put half of the batch into the shredding container by this point.
  • I managed to get away at a reasonable hour and to finish working on something from home. I printed the draft on the new replacement home printer. The old one lost its ability to print red and although I think I knew how to fix it, there were an awful lot of screws and wiring looms to remove to get down to the laser mirror assembly. Better instead to get one that prints double sided.
  • The late afternoon sun also beckoned so I took the bike out for a bit of a spin, although I'm starting to think about where the next layers of clothing are stored away.
  • The pipistrelle bat is back hunting insects in the garden at sunset, swooping around the perimeters at a height of about 2-3 metres. If I walk outside it will flitter to have a quick look at me in passing.
  • Tonight's dinner was some kind of Jamie Oliver recipe variation, which was particularly tasty.
  • There was a half full bottle of French rose in the fridge from a week or two ago, which made a pleasant accompaniment
  • Now I'm watching some telly. A programme with loose connections to Bletchley, some Paralympics, an interview with Plan B and the strong debut episode of Being Human. Not sure whether to watch 'Get Shorty' now or to go to bed.

2 comments:

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Fun to read about your whole day!

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Oh! A new season of Being Human!!! That is a great show..the US version..not so much.