rashbre central: adding orange bits inside the home made guitar (Guitar Part 5)

Tuesday 5 February 2013

adding orange bits inside the home made guitar (Guitar Part 5)

Guitar
That's the 'outside' view of the controls for the guitar that I'm building. I decided to put them on a cardboard template because all the pieces look rather similar and I'm sure I'd get them mixed up.

Fortunately I already have various electrical tools and equipment, so the new cost of controls is quite small, a few resistors, capacitors and switches.

I'm part way through assembly, but I'll have to wait until the guitar body is further advanced. I need to thread certain components through the body before completing the soldering.

Yes, I have assembled plugs in the past only to have to take them apart again when I realise the outer shell of the plug had to be threaded onto the wire first.

I decided to use two volumes and two tone controls but make them push-pull switchable. My plan is to have any combination of the coils covering series, parallel and out of phase.

I'll draw a tidy version of my circuit diagram later. The one I'm using at the moment is getting somewhat messy.
Guitar

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know nothing of resistors or capacitors, but I find the photos fascinating.

Debrs

rashbre said...

vladography I suppose I could always hang the components on the wall as 'art' if it doesn't look like a guitar.

Ellie said...

How can 1 person be so creative?!!!!!

rashbre said...

Ellie ...or deranged?

rashbre said...

Ellie ...or deranged?