rashbre central: in which i am troubled by seasonal inaccuracies

Saturday 14 December 2013

in which i am troubled by seasonal inaccuracies

Grosvenor Bridge
One of the challenges with using London scenes in blog posts is trying to ensure that they represent the time of year properly.

Of course, when it's a recent picture, like the one above, then it's easy. Grosvenor Bridge, looking towards the London Eye.

Even if the scene looks unseasonally bright, it's still authentic.

That is not always the case with television series, which sometimes purport to be of the moment but have just the wrong foliage or shadows. That tree might still have bright green leaves, for example.

I doubt if I'd notice, if it wasn't for blogging, but nowadays I can't help spotting seasonal inaccuracies in TV shows.

Should I be worried by this trait?

4 comments:

Doris said...

No!

And quite right you are bothered. Because I am bothered by those details so I see no reason why I should suffer on my own.

rashbre said...

Doris Phew. I thought it was just me.

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Noticing things like this can really take you out of the story---But, maybe the story wasn't that good in the first place.....lol!

Doris said...

I agree with you Old Lady of the Hills! It is harder to let these things pass when the storyline is not what it could be.