rashbre central: applying new black chilli sauce to the bike

Monday 14 April 2014

applying new black chilli sauce to the bike

Grand Prix 4000s II
It may look like a half-hearted snake charmer kit, but was my next attempt to get the tyres sorted out on the bike.

Swap out of the mistakenly applied old front tyre with a shiny new replacement and put the wheel back.

This time it was a much quicker process. 5 minutes to get the old tyre off, another 2-3 to put the new tyre on and about a further 5 to wrestle with the last 10 centimetres. Experts claim to be able to do all this in a few minutes, but my King of Tyres Personal Best is about 15 minutes with black hands at the end.
Grand Prix 4000s II
I like the new tyres more than I might have expected. They are reassuringly grippy, despite a lack of overt tread - which I think is mainly cosmetic anyway on road bikes. My last two sets of tyres on the carbon bike have both been Continental Grand Prix, but these updated GP 4000S II do somehow feel both lighter and grippier.

It must be the Black Chilli sauce.

2 comments:

Pat said...

That's quite a feat. At least there are only two wheels.

rashbre said...

Pat : Yes, there may only be two wheels, but I've somehow managed to change the tyres/inner tubes about 5 times. Operator error though.