rashbre central: rearranging the pictures

Thursday 14 August 2014

rearranging the pictures

Untitled
I have to decide whether to re-arrange the pictures.

Apple have said that the pretty good Aperture software that I use for storing my snapped images is to be 'stabilised', so I have to figure out the next step.

I suppose I could just wait for the new Apple Photos application to see whether that will do the trick, but I'm wary that it will take a few goes before it is really quite right. Then there's the collection of 'plug-ins' that I've accumulated to help make it quick to change the pictures or to tag them.

Most of the stuff I have at the moment is also compatible with the Adobe Lightroom, and I notice I have a copy because of my Adobe subscription. I'm tempted to try it out.

I've also just found a further utility called Aperture Exporter, which can take a whole Aperture library and convert it back into a form suitable of use with Lightroom. As I've got 10s of thousands of pictures, I'll need to mull this for a while, although I'm now running the Aperture Extractor on 2014 (around 7000 pictures) to see what happens when I test import it to Lightroom.

I'm away for a few days now, so I'll find out how well it works when I get back.

No comments: