rashbre central: a warmup for seasonal overpacking?

Saturday 22 November 2014

a warmup for seasonal overpacking?

screenshot_561-Edit-Edit
With the festive season fast approaching, I realise that I don't always understand the logic of packing goods for postal delivery.

I can understand that there could be an outer shell carton to help prevent handling damage, and from time to time I marvel at goods delivered in those customised double layer boxes.

This time I'm slightly confounded by the packaging approach to what was a 330cm by 4 cm box containing a tube.

The box which was packed inside a roughly 400cm by 30cm by 25cm carton. The amount of bubble wrap to prevent rattling around was truly wondrous. The box could have easily contained 40 of the tubes. Even the chap delivering commented that the box seemed very light for something so large.

I guess it stopped them posting it through the letterbox.

No comments: