rashbre central: more from that time that is no longer called 'winter sales'

Tuesday 2 December 2014

more from that time that is no longer called 'winter sales'

Peter Jones at Sloane Square
A few comedy moments when I was travelling from the seasonal tractor-beam pull of Fopp, back towards Sloane Square.

The nearest tube was Piccadilly Circus.

Neep. Brrpp. Bad decision. The tube was so full of people that no-one could get onto the platforms. Shopper overload from the 'Black Friday and extended Black Long Weekend' (previously known as 'Winter Sales Week').

I was about to retrace my steps towards the exit when I noticed a lone deserted escalator. I'd use a zig-zag route instead, which got me effortlessly to Sloane Square.
Sloane Square
But, yikes, here was another collection of shoppers this time intent on reaching Peter Jones, the penguins and the Kings Road.

At least the refuelling reindeer seem to take it all in their stride.
Fuelling up

1 comment:

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Awwww reindeer, and I send my apologies to you for black Friday migrating across the pond.