rashbre central: this Fargo thing's only getting bigger

Wednesday 28 October 2015

this Fargo thing's only getting bigger


I watched the first episode of Fargo Season 2 a few days ago.

The opening sequence, even before the Waffle Hut section was so dense that I had to rewind and watch it again to overcome a kind of sensory overload.

There's a live version of 'Oh Well' playing across the credits. A made-up mono Reagan movie about a real battle. Or was it?

The modern take on 1970's cinematography. Detailed lighting as snow gently falls.

A confession, I've actually now watched the first episode twice and am really looking forward to episode 2.

I won't divulge any plot here, suffice to say that it is dark, clever and funny in a warped way. Plenty of potential. If you like this sort of thing.

4 comments:

Nikki - Notes of Life said...

Not something I've watched (yet!).

Pat said...

Sounds interesting.

rashbre said...

Nikki-ann - Ep 1 would take some beating. Ep 2 was lower key, by comparison.

rashbre said...

Pat - I seem to remember you liked Breaking Bad. This would have some similar tonal qualities.